- Associate Professor
- St. Thomas More College
- 1437 College Drive Saskatoon, SK S7N 0W6
- Phone: 306.966.8935
|Education | Research Interests | Research Projects | Selected Publications|
Teaching Responsibilities | Administrative Responsibilities
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Notre Dame
- Ph.D., Medieval Studies, University of Toronto
- M.A., Medieval Studies, University of Toronto
- M.A., English, Queen’s University
- B.A., English, St. Thomas More College, University of Saskatchewan
- Neoplatonism in medieval allegory and metaphysical poetry
- The literary framework of philosophical dialogues
- Chaucer's Dream Visions
- Literary representations of Nature from 12th-14th century
- Translation strategies in Chaucer’s House of Fame
- Geometry and metaphysics in Dante’s Paradiso
Selected Publications and Presentations
- "Spenser's Mutabilitie and the Indeterminate Universe," Studies in English Literature 53.1 Winter, 2013 (6,300 words).
- "The Importance of Fourteenth-Century Natural Philosophy for Nicholas of Cusa's Infinite Universe," The American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly 87.1 Winter, 2013 (9,300 words).
- "Transposing World Harmony: John Donne's Creation Poetics in the Context of a Medieval Tradition" Studies in Philology 107 (2010): 121-35.
- "Alan of Lile's Anticlaudianus as Intertext in Chaucer's House of Fame" The Chaucer Review 44 (2010): 246-67.
- “The Celestial Progress of a Deathless Soul: Donne’s Second Anniversarie” John Donne Journal 26 (2010): 73-101.
- Four entries in Trends in Medieval Studies. ed. Albrecht Classen. Berlin: De Gruyter, 2010: “Historiography of Medieval Science” (666-77), “Pierre Duhem” (2276-79), “Raymond Klibansky” (2418-22) and “Anneliese Meier” (2494-96).
- "Fertile Symmetry of Nature and Humanity in Bernardus Silvestris's Cosmographia" The Modern Language Association, Boston, January 2013.
- "Al this Mene I by Love" Rethinking the Category of Love The Modern Language Association, Seattle, January 2012.
- Co-presenter with Michael Cichon, "Every Classroom is a Stage: Learning Narrative in Performance" The 31st Annual Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Conference: From Here to the Horizon, Saskatoon, SK, June 2011.
- "Spenser's Mutabilitie and the Indeterminate Universe" The Renaissance Society of American, Montreal, March 2011.
- "The Geometry of Eternity: Meditation and Form in Dante's Paradiso" The Shape of Time in the Middle Ages and Renaissance: The Barnard Medieval and Renaissance Conference, Barnard College, New York, December 2008.
- “Translation and Creative Instability in Chaucer’s House of Fame.” The 43rd International Medieval Congress, Kalamazoo Michigan, May 2008.
- “Nicholas of Cusa and Fourteenth-Century Natural Philosophy.” The Renaissance Society of America, Chicago, April 2008.
- “The Immoderate Metaphysics of ‘Love’s Growth’” The Modern Language Association, Philadelphia, December 2006.
- English 110.6: Literature and Composition
- English 277.3: Literary Uses of Mythology
- English 311.3: Chaucer
- English 393.3: Medieval Devotional Literature
- Academic Programs Committee
- CMRS Executive Committee
- Co-organizer for CARA Conference
- Subcommittee on Student Appeals
- STM Research Committee
- STM Catholic Studies Program Committee