David McGrane - On Leave, Sept 1 - Dec 31, 2012
- Associate Professor
- St. Thomas More College
- 1437 College Drive Saskatoon, SK S7N 0W6
- Phone: 306.966.8924
|Education | Research Interests | Research Projects | Selected Publications|
Teaching Responsibilities | Administrative Responsibilities
- Carleton University (Ph.D., Political Science)
- York University (M.A., Political Science)
- University of Regina (B.A. with Honours, Political Science)
- Canadian Politics
- Saskatchewan Politics
- Québécois Nationalism
- Multiculturalism and Immigration
- Canadian Political Parties
- Comparison of social democracy in Québec and Saskatchewan
- Bilateral agreements between provinces and the federal government
- Government policies concerning immigration and multiculturalism across the four Western Canadian provinces
- Daycare policies of provincial governments across Canada
- Political marketing and the NDP in the 2011 Canadian federal election
- Voter behaviour in the 2011 Saskatchewan provincial election
Selected Publications and Presentations
- David McGrane (editor), New Directions in Saskatchewan Public Policy, Canadian Plains Research Centre Press, 2011.
- David McGrane, "Political Marketing and the NDP's Historic Breakthrough" in The Canadian Federal Election of 2011, John Pammett and Christopher Doran (eds.) Toronto: Dundurn Publishing, 2011, pp. 77-110.
- David McGrane, "Which Third Way? A Comparison of the Romanow and Calvert MDP Governments from 1991 to 2007" Saskatchewan Politics: Crowding the Centre, Howard Leeson (ed.) Regina: Canadian Plains Research Center, 2008, pp. 143-164.
- David McGrane, "A Mixed Record: Gender and Saskatchewan Social Democracy", Journal of Canadian Studies, Volume 42, Number 1, (Winter 2008), pp. 179-203.
- David McGrane, "The 2007 Provincial Election in Saskatchewan", Canadian Political Science Review, Volume 2, Number 1, March/April 2008, pp. 64-71.
- David McGrane. "Limiting Fiscal Capacity?: The Relationship between Transfer Payments and Social Spending in Canadian Provinces from 1988 to 2002" in Constructing Tomorrow's Federalism, edited by Ian Peach, Winnipeg: University of Manitoba Press, 2007, pp. 51-88.
- David McGrane, "Western Alienation or Mere Critique of Federal Government Policies?: Saskatchewan Social Democrats' View of Federalism from 1900 to Present", International Journal of Canadian Studies, Volume 32, (2005), pp. 205-235.
- Introduction to Political Science
- Provincial Politics
- Canadian Political Thought
- Canadian Political Parties and Social Movements
- Member of the Undergraduate Committee, Department of Political Studies, University of Saskatchewan
- Member of Keenan Lecture Committee
- Member of STM Social Committee
- Member of STM Research Committee