- Assistant Professor with Tenure, Department Head Sociology
- St. Thomas More College
- 1437 College Drive Saskatoon, SK S7N 0W6
- Phone: 306.966.8956
|Education | Research Interests | Research Projects | Selected Publications|
Teaching Responsibilities | Administrative Responsibilities
- Ph.D. Sociology and Anthropology, University of British Columbia, 1997.
- M.A. Anthropology (Archaeology), University of Victoria, 1990.
- B.A. Anthropology, University of Victoria, 1988.
- Hermeneutics and Phenomenology
- Sociology of Religion
- History and Theory of the Social Sciences
- Ethics and Pedagogy
|2015 Place Meant: Autotopologies (a phenomenology of subjected subjectivity: in space and place, as a self and as a vehicle for the prejudice of locale)|
Selected Publications and Presentations
- We Other Nazis: how you and I are still like them 2013b Book
- The Reason of Unreason (psychoanalytic and dialectical theories of selfhood 2013a Book
- Hermeneutic Pedagogy: teaching and learning on dialogue and interpretation 2012d Book Book Review
- Our Memory of Things: a phenomemnemonics of the object 2012c Book
- The Role of Art in the Construction of Personal Identity: towards a phenomenology of aesthetic self-consciousness 2012b Book
- On the Afterlife: you will get there from here 2012a Book
- The Sociological Vision: an interpretive introduction 2011c Book
- Aesthetic Subjectivity: glimpsing the shared soul 2011b Book
- Fetish, Cult and Disenchantment: Sociological Studies of the Projected Self. 2011a Book.
- Three Apodeictic Dialogues: Examples of Conceptual Mirrors in Religion, Psychology, and Social Organization. 2010 Book.
- Becoming A Modest Society: On Distinguishing Ourselves. 2009b Book.
- Social Science Interpretations of Religion: Comparing the Hermeneutic Methodologies of James, Weber, Heidegger and Durkheim. 2009a Book.
- What is God? Musings on Human Anxiety and Aspiration. 2008 Book.
- How can we Explain the Persistence of Irrational Beliefs? 2006 Book.
- Adventures in the Aporetic: Anthropological Alterities 2005 Book.
- A Socio-ethnography of the Academic Professionalization of Anthropologists 2004 Book.
- Hermeneutical Apprenticeships: Essays, Epigrams, Verse 2003 Book.
- Sociology of Religion (SOC 321.3)
- Advanced Seminar in the Study of Religion (SOC 413.3/813.3)
- Contemporary Religious Movements (SOC 217.3)
- Introductory Sociology (SOC 111.3 and 112.3)
- ‘Cultivating Humanity' (SOC 200.6)
- Analysis of Modernity (SOC 350.3)
- Member of the University of Saskatchewan Research Ethics Board, 07,08,09
- Academic Coordinator for ‘Cultivating Humanity' 06, 07, 08, 09
- Teaching Evaluation Coordinator 07, 08 ,09