- Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology
- St. Thomas More College
- 1437 College Drive Saskatoon, SK S7N 0W6
- Phone: 306.966.8945
|Education | Research Interests | Research Projects | Selected Publications|
Teaching Responsibilities | Administrative Responsibilities
- Ph.D., University of Toronto
- M.A., University of Toronto
- B. Soc.Sci. (Honours), University of Ottawa
- Families, family formation and couple formation
- Intimate relationships and relationship advice
- Representations of gender in popular culture
- Self-help, experts and advice-seeking
- Relationship self-help and social change in North America
- Dating: Choices, constraints and expert advice
- Transition to adulthood: Resources, goals and couple formation
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Knudson, Sarah. 2012. "Crash courses and lifelong journeys: Modes of reading nonfiction advice in a Canadian audience." Presentation at the Annual Meeting of the Canadian Sociological Association, May 29, Waterloo, ON.
- Knudson, Sarah. 2011. "The Purchase of Enlightenment." Contexts 10(2): 66-67
- Knudson, Sarah. 2011. "What a Girl Wants, What a Girl Needs: Examining cultural change and ideas about gender equality in relationship self-help books, 1960-2009." In Reading Sociology: Canadian Perspectives (2nd Edition), edited by Lorne Tepperman and Angela Kalyta. Toronto: Oxford University Press.
- Knudson, Sarah. 2011. "Getting laid and finding God: Constructions of masculinity in relationship advice for heterosexual men." Round table presenation at the 106th Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association, August 20, Las Vegas, NV.
- Knudson, Sarah. 2010. "Egalitarianism in Forty Years of Relationship Advice Books." Round table presentation at the 105th Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association, August 16, Atlanta, GA.
- Knudson, Sarah. 2009. Review of "Coping with Distances: Producing Nordic Atlantic Sociieties," by Jørgen Ole Bærenholdt. Canadian
Review of Sociology 47(2): 221-223.
- Park, Jungwee, and Sarah Knudson. 2007. "Medically unexplained physical symptoms," Health Reports Statistics Canada, Catalogue 82-003 18(1), pp. 43-47.
- SOC 112.3 Foundations in Sociology II: Social Construction of Everyday Life
- SOC 232.3 Methods of Social Research
- SOC 411.3/811.3 Family and Development in Research and Theory